Le Secret


My friend Matti (and fellow cocktail nerd) introduced me to this new cocktail lounge around Etoile.
I arrived before he did. I immediately sat down on one of the velvet banquettes and ordered a French Love, being a foreigner in Paris I though this was the perfect drink to start out with. Sitting down with my pink cocktail in my hand, I noticed the beautiful details of the lounge: champagne colored textile wallpaper, crystal chandeliers, cast iron and stone staircase leading up to a cute mezzanine lounge. My thoughts go out to Hemmingway.

As the name indicates its's all about discrétion and elegance. Even the playliste was as smooth and strong as my cocktails, starring Etta James, Nina Simone, Peggy Lee followed by soft electro tunes.
And Mr. barman really do kno how to stir up those oldies but goldies - Secret Julep and Secret Singapour Sling... delish, ultra sexy.

Don't expect trendy Parisians in this dark bar... people are very sophisticated and of a more mature crowd.
..
Le Secret
16 avenue de Friedland - 75008 Paris - 01 53 53 02 02
Metro - Charles de Gaulle Etoile.