City guides

I always buy the Wallpaper guide, they are super handy and when I get fed up with Lonely Planet or the Time Out guides, which hero the low budget backpacking style and extreme cliche tourist attractions, then I turn to these little upscale hand books. I love the small and hand picked selections, not a lot of fuss, just some of the more upscale places and excursions and always with stylish twist.

On our way here my boyfriend lost the book in the plane (with my already underlined notes!), luckily you can get the Wallpaper guide as an app, which is actually a much better solution because it is organized in a way that it links you directly to maps and websites. A blessing in disguise losing our guide!
If you have an iPhone, always get the app. The rest I leave up to Lonely planet in old school form.